Steps to connecting your device.
The following is the general steps to connecting a hotspot (MMDVM Host, Pi-Star, OpenSpot, DVMega) to our server. For specific settings/configurations please visit support pages in the menu above.
1. Have a 7-digit Radio ID issued by https://www.radioid.net and assigned to you and your call sign.
2. Select one of our servers (Pi-Star)
FreeDMR_Australia-2 (Hotspots Only)
FreeDMR_UnitedKingdom-OZ-DMR ( Hotspots and Repeaters )
3. Password are not required on OZ-DMR NETWORK. But if you wish to include one, you can use “passw0rd”
3. Enter your OPTIONS in the box section. Use our OPTION CALCULATOR and the Talk Groups pages for FreeDMR (See the DASHBOARD) to help you select which talk groups you want to keep as static talk groups.
4. Click APPLY CHANGES
5. Configure your DMR Radio to communicate with the Hotspots/Gateway or Repeater. Generally, Radio and Hotspots need to be set to the same frequency, color code for SIMPLEX operation. Duplex operation will require a split frequency entry.
Select the talk groups you wish to use to communicate on. Using the CPS software, uploading it into the radio.
Now you can enjoy Amatuer Radio using DMR.